The Chicago Engineers’ Foundation (CEF) encourages Chicago students to pursue engineering by recognizing their talents through merit-based financial awards and career development opportunities to achieve their engineering career goals.
CEF provides awards to graduating high school seniors who live or go to high school within the city of Chicago, and are accepted to accredited university engineering programs. For those award winners who maintain satisfactory grade point averages, and complete annual applications, CEF continues to make awards through a student’s 4 years of undergraduate college study. The awards increase each year a student qualifies and participates in the program.
- Graduating High School Senior – $1,200
- Rising College Sophomore – $1,400
- Rising College Junior – $1,500
- Rising College Senior – $1,500
Application Opens: January 1, 2022
Application Due Date: April 1, 2022
Award Recipient Notification: June 2022 (Date to be determined)
To be eligible for award consideration as a High School Student, you must:
- Be a graduating high school senior living or going to high school within the city of Chicago. Applicants who do not live or go to high school within the city of Chicago are not eligible for consideration.
- Study engineering in college, starting in the Fall 2022 semester.
- Provide acceptance letter from an ABET accredited, 4-year undergraduate engineering program (university does not have to be in the city of Chicago).
- Complete a 2022 application by the deadline.
- Meet the academic criteria outlined in the application.
- Open to DREAMERS
The 2022 Application Cycle Is Closed.
Students seeking other engineering scholarship opportunities are welcome to visit the Career & Scholarship Resources page for referrals to a variety of opportunities for future engineers.