The Chicago Engineers’ Foundation (CEF) encourages Chicago students to pursue engineering by recognizing their talents through financial awards and career development opportunities to achieve their engineering career goals.
The Foundation provides awards to graduating high school seniors who live or go to high school within the city of Chicago, and are accepted to accredited university engineering programs. For those award winners who maintain satisfactory grade point averages, and complete annual applications, CEF continues to make awards through 4 years of undergraduate college study. The awards increase each year a student qualifies and participates in the program.
- Graduating High School Senior – $1,000
- Rising College Sophomore – $1,200
- Rising College Junior – $1,400
- Rising College Senior – $1,400
In addition to financial awards, CEF encourages award recipients to form a professional network they can call on as they progress in their engineering studies, and offers career development activities to each awardee.
Application Opens: January 1, 2020
Application Due Date: May 1, 2020 (The 2020 Application Cycle is Closed)
Award Recipient Notification: late June 2020
To be eligible for award consideration as a High School Student, you must:
- be a graduating high school senior living or going to high school within the city of Chicago. Applicants who do not live or go to high school within the city of Chicago are not eligible for consideration.
- study engineering in college, starting in the 2020-2021 academic year, AND show an acceptance letter from an ABET accredited, 4-year undergraduate engineering program (university does not have to be in the city of Chicago).
- complete a 2020 application by the April 1st deadline.
- meet the academic criteria outlined in the application:
- Minimum 2.5 GPA (unweighted)
- Minimum SAT score of at least 990 or ACT score of at least 21
The 2020 Application Cycle is Closed.
Students seeking engineering scholarship opportunities are welcome to visit the Career & Scholarship Resources page for referrals to other opportunities for future engineers.