The Chicago Engineers’ Foundation encourages Chicago students to pursue engineering by recognizing their talents through merit-based scholarship awards and career development opportunities to achieve their engineering career goals.
To be eligible for the renewable awards program students must be graduating high school seniors who live or go to high school within the city of Chicago, and are accepted to accredited university engineering programs. Chicago Engineers Foundation awards can be renewable through a student’s four-years of undergraduate study if they continue to meet annual eligibility requirements.
The current structure of the renewable award program includes:
- Graduating High School Senior – $1,200
- Rising College Sophomore – $1,600
- Rising College Junior – $1,600
- Rising College Senior – $1,600
Application Opens: January 1, 2024
Application Due Date: April 1, 2024
Award Recipient Notification: June 2024 (Date to be determined)
To be eligible for award consideration as a High School Student, you must:
- Be a graduating high school senior living or going to high school within the city of Chicago.
- Applicants who do not live or go to high school within the city of Chicago are not eligible for consideration.
- Study an engineering major in college, starting in the Fall 2024 semester.
- Provide acceptance letter from an ABET accredited, 4-year undergraduate engineering program (university does not have to be in the city of Chicago).
- Complete an application by the deadline.
- Meet the academic criteria outlined in the application.
- Open to DREAMERS
The 2023 Application Cycle is Closed
Students seeking other engineering scholarship opportunities are welcome to visit the Career & Scholarship Resources page for referrals to a variety of opportunities for future engineers.