The Chicago Engineers’ Foundation encourages Chicago students to pursue engineering by recognizing their talents through merit-based scholarship awards and career development opportunities to achieve their engineering career goals.
To be eligible for the renewable awards program students must be graduating high school seniors who live or go to high school within the city of Chicago, and are accepted to accredited university engineering programs. Chicago Engineers Foundation awards can be renewable through a student’s four-years of undergraduate study if they continue to meet annual eligibility requirements.
The current structure of the renewable award program includes:
- Graduating High School Senior – $1,200
- Rising College Sophomore – $1,400
- Rising College Junior – $1,500
- Rising College Senior – $1,500
Application Opens: January 1, 2023
Application Due Date: April 1, 2023
Award Recipient Notification: June 2023 (Date to be determined)
To be eligible for award consideration as a High School Student, you must:
- Be a graduating high school senior living or going to high school within the city of Chicago. Applicants who do not live or go to high school within the city of Chicago are not eligible for consideration.
- Study engineering in college, starting in the Fall 2023 semester.
- Provide acceptance letter from an ABET accredited, 4-year undergraduate engineering program (university does not have to be in the city of Chicago).
- Complete a 2023 application by the deadline.
- Meet the academic criteria outlined in the application.
- Open to DREAMERS
The Next Application Cycle Opens January 1, 2023.
Students seeking other engineering scholarship opportunities are welcome to visit the Career & Scholarship Resources page for referrals to a variety of opportunities for future engineers.