At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Chicago Engineers’ Foundation (CEF) introduced virtual opportunities to help students continue towards their educational and career goals. From virtual workshops, to job searches and mentoring, CEF expanded student programming to new levels to inspire and empower Chicago students.
As we continue to navigate this challenging time, students of all ages are facing growing concerns, including what happens to their education and career plans in these uncertain times. Chicago Engineers’ Foundation is poised to offer even more opportunities to continue supporting K-12 and college students, and you can help Chicago’s future engineers stay on track.
With your help, we will raise $150,000 this academic year to expand student opportunities including:
- Add more virtual K-12 classroom visits across Chicago
- Develop hands-on virtual activities to inspire young minds
- Expand the awards program to fund nearly $100,000 in awards
- Increase award amounts to offer students the opportunity to receive $5,600 in awards over 4 years
- Continue to add more career resources for award recipients