IEEE-Chicago Section FairRegister Now
You’re invited to IEEE Chicago’s 125th anniversary celebration!
The Chicago Section of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is hosting a fair in recognition of the 125th anniversary of its first meeting that was held at the Armour Institute in 1894. Chicago Engineers’ Foundation is a proud sponsor of this student-centered event.
What you’ll experience
- Displays by IEEE society chapters demonstrating the technologies they represent while explaining their everyday work as engineers
- Poster-board displays relating the history of the IEEE-Chicago Section and IEEE milestones granted to Chicago-area organizations.
- Short presentations on the value of engineering to society, reasons for choosing engineering as a career, and scholarship opportunities
- Optional scheduled IIT campus tours
- See engineering in action in a BMW car!
Saturday, April 27th, 10 am to 2 pm
Illinois Institute of Technology, Kaplan Institute
Who should attend?
- Chicago area Electrical and Computer engineers and technologists – Learn about what the IEEE Chicago Section’s many Society Chapters have to offer.
- Students – Meet with practicing electrical and computer engineering professionals. Get the answers to your questions regarding an Electrical or Computer engineering career.
- All – Learn of the history of the Chicago Section and the technological accomplishments of Chicago area organizations.
There is no charge, but you must register to guarantee admission. Space is limited.